Your Thoughts?

Discuss the TV Series Here

Moderators: Elena, Admins

Elena
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your Thoughts?

Post by Elena »

I'm a little disappointed that they have changed so much. The books are so wonderful because the Characters are enriched and have depth and history. Okay, from what Jessi said when she read it, Elena is actually Mary-Sue-ish...But hey, the books were written back in 1991 and I didn't even know what a Mary-Sue was till 3yrs ago!!! So go figure.

I'm very upset that they have made Damon and Stefan's background in the Civil War era. While the Civil War comes into play with the story, the Vampire Brothers were made sexy, given the fact they came from Renaissance Florence, Italy.

I dunno.

Watching the trailer...I am excited. I've waited soooooooooo very long to see these books on the big screen, so I just hope its done well...Otherwise...what a let down..not just for me, but for so many fans.

Lastly, can I go on the record and say: STOP COMPARING THIS TO TWILIGHT!!!

The Vampire Diaries were written WAY before Twilight was even a thought!!! If anything, Twilight is a rip off of The Vampire Diaries...But I do agree, the CW network is cashing in on the Twilight fame!!
Banner by Elena - Fan Fiction : Gluttony (M) : Archive of Our Own (AO3) (M) : HPFF (M) : HPFT (M)
pookha
Respected Member
Respected Member

Re: Your Thoughts?

Post by pookha »

I saw the first episode on television and have set the Tivo for a season pass. I'm going to give it a few episodes before I decide what I think. What I would say about the first episode was that it 'didn't suck' and I think my wife agrees with me.

Not having read the books, I can't say how they compare.
Image(MA18+)
banner by Marauder_By_Night from eHPF
Elena
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your Thoughts?

Post by Elena »

Its really nothing like the books...but..you can see similarities, but its still different.

I've been neglecting this section as I made a Vampire Diaries site..LOL...Join up??? I currently speak to myself over there...hahahaha

The Vampire Diaries - Australia 12+ - Although made to connect Aussie fans, anyone is welcome :)
Banner by Elena - Fan Fiction : Gluttony (M) : Archive of Our Own (AO3) (M) : HPFF (M) : HPFT (M)